multiple adj : having or involving or consisting of more than one part or entity or individual; "multiple birth"; "multiple ownership"; "made multiple copies of the speech"; "his multiple achievements in public life"; "her multiple personalities"; "a pineapple is a multiple fruit" [ant: single(a)] n : the product of a quantity by an integer; "36 is a multiple of 9"
- French: multiple
a number that may be divided by another number with no remainder
- In the context of "Mathematics": Multiple.
- Feminine plural form of multiplo
The word multiple can refer to:
- Multiples of numbers.
- Multiples, types of bet involving two or more selections.
- Dissociative identity disorder, for people with multiple personalities, sometimes called "multiples".
- Multiple birth, because having twins is sometimes called having "multiples".
- Multiple Man, a mutant superhero in the Marvel Comics universe.
- The theory of multiples, by Robert K. Merton, which addresses simultaneous independent discoveries in science.
- Multiple finance, a method used to analyze stock prices.
- Printmaking - where multiple is often used as a term for a print, especially in the US.
It is also a singular of multiples, which can refer to:
multiple in French: Multiple
allotropic, billion, considerable, diversiform, ever so many, full many, heaped-up, heteromorphic, heteromorphous, increase, increased, jillion, manifold, many, metamorphic, metamorphotic, million, multifarious, multifold, multiform, multiphase, multiplex, multiplication, multiplication table, multiplied, multiplier, multiplying, multitudinal, multitudinous, myriad, no few, not a few, numerous, polymorphic, polymorphous, polynomial, proliferation, protean, proteiform, quite some, tables, thousand, very many, zillion